The Les Petits Painters team was at the Drop In Art and Craft event of the Chatswood Family Festival at The Concourse on a rather warm day, so we decided to keep cool by having the kids make watermelon paper fans!
If you’d want to try this little arts and crafts project with your younglings, here’s how:
Watermelon Paper Fans
- Take an A4 piece of red paper, cut it lengthwise and glue the short sides together.
- Next, cut strips of white and green paper, 1 cm wide of the same length.
- Glue the white strip onto the long side of the red, then glue the green stripe on to the white. 3 layers!
- Use a black marker to draw seeds. Make sure the glue has dried.
- Fold the short side back and fro 2cm wide.
- Tape the end without the green with sticky tape.
- Open the folded flaps gently and you’ll see your watermelon expand!